Half Marathon race day is October 17, 2020
5K and 10K race day is October 24, 2020
The River Valley Run Trail Festival will take place rain or shine! In the event of extreme weather conditions that day, it is possible we may adjust the start time or make other changes, in which case you will be notified via email and on our website.
- Unfortunately spectators will not be allowed this year. Only runners will be allowed to enter thru the gates from the parking area.
- Runners will be given a specific arrival time the week prior the race. Runners may have access through the fort gates and to their corral 30 minutes before their start time.
- Half marathoners can be expected to run start anywhere between 8am and 10:30 am. The 10K runners can be expected to start anywhere between 8am and 11:30am and 5K runners can be expected to start anywhere between 10am and - 12:30pm.
- Once runners arrive at our Fort Roller campus, you will be directed to a large field where we will corral you into a designated group of 15. We ask that you socially distance within your corral (ie at least 6’ apart, no high fives, hugging, hand shakes, etc)
- While in your corral and until you start the race, you will need to wear a mask. We recommend a disposable one that you can throw away at the starting line, or one you can put in your pocket.
Parking is in a grass field, from which runners will need to walk up a short hill to Fort Roller (a different location than previous River Valley Run Festivals, which began in the valley rather than up on the hill). Click here see an aerial map of parking location.
- Every 3 minutes, a group of 15 runners will be directed to move to the starting line.
- This pattern will occur in 9 waves and we will then take a 30-45 minute break until the next section of runners will follow the same pattern. This will give adequate time for the corrals to clear out and create considerable spacing on the course.
- When runners finish, you will be funneled to pick up a prepackaged food box and then to the post race area where we will ask you to continue socially distancing of at least 6’ and leave the property within 15 minutes. If you have a second mask, we ask that you put it on in the post race area while not eating or drinking.
- We will have NO post-race vendors, activities or bag check.
- The awards ceremony will be done that evening LIVE on the River Valley Run’s Facebook Page. Time TBD.
Other Safety Considerations
- Runners coming in and runners leaving will not mix (ie they will be directed to walk in a one way pattern). Incoming runners and outgoing runners will use a separate entrance/exit.
- You will need to bring your own water/hydration pouch. We will provide individual bottles at 1 on-course water stop and at the finish.
- Port-a-pots will be cleaned on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Handwashing stations will be provided.
Important Note—While we are permitted to hold the event in the current environment with these new guidelines, restrictions can always change which could negatively impact the event. We will keep you informed of any changes (if any) as it gets closer.
Questions about the race? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org