Assistant Race Director
Department: River Valley Run
Position Overview: The River Valley Run Assistant Race Director supports the Race Director in coordinating and implementing the River Valley Run race series. Must be committed to the mission and values of River Valley Ranch. Duties include:
- Position Overview: The River Valley Run Assistant Race Director supports the Race Director in coordinating and implementing the River Valley Run race series.
- Registration – oversee registration process, make changes to registrations per email requests
- Marketing (flyers, social, email, radio) – create and coordinate all marketing efforts. This includes a) Updating social media pages every other day, b) coordinating flyer creation and distribution, c) schedule emails based on the marketing calendar and d) coordinate with SHINE-FM to run radio spots.
- Runner Communication - correspond with runner calls/email and respond in a timely fashion.
- Merchandise – inventory and organize merchandise as it arrives. Coordinate the delivery and pick up of merchandise from printing company
- Packet Pickups – Work with volunteer Packet Pickup coordinator to deliver packets to each location. Organize and load giveaways, shirts and spearhead set up of packet pick up on race day.
- Awards – Research possible designs and coordinate the production and delivery of race medals/prizes.
- Post Race Area – Organize post-race festival area including securing vendors and sponsor participants.
- Permits – Secure permits for road closures, use of Prettyboy and any applicable food permits.
- VIP – Assist in organizing VIP area at both races including securing caterers and service vendors.
- Orders – Complete orders for runner supplies including runner fuel, first aid, hydration and any other items needed for race day.
- Magazine and Associations – re-apply for ATRA, Trophy Series, Trail Runner Magazine and Runners’ World
- List Races on Race Directories online – List the River Valley Run on various race websites.
- Donation requests – submit donation requests for prizes, awards, post-race area, etc.
Contact: Stephani Mummert.