Director of Internship Program
The Internship Director’s primary responsibility is to develop and implement a year-long internship that educates, equips, trains, and supports college-aged individuals as they assist River Valley Ranch in pursuing the camp mission. The Director of Internship will be responsible for recruiting interns, establishing curriculum and schedules, supervising work, instituting discipleship opportunities, and providing support for the other needs of the interns. The Director of Internship will instruct interns on facilitating activities and managing camp programs. In addition, the Director of Internship will assist with special events, retreats, summer programs, and recruiting.
- Recognize role and responsibilities as part of the overall mission and ministry of RVR and the ongoing work of Jesus Christ.
- Create and foster an atmosphere of friendliness, hospitality, and development in the Internship Program.
- Recruit and hire interns
- Prepare and maintain Intern housing
- Provide interns with a thorough orientation preparing them for the year
- Lead regularly scheduled devotions, arrange camping classes with RVR staff, facilitate discipleship opportunities, and organize mentoring relationships.
- Educate interns in life skills
- Set goals for the Internship program that are attainable, growing the program in quality and quantity
- Provide fellowship times and recreational activities
- Manage the interns weekly schedule
- Summer: oversee Support Staff program. Work with Program Team to develop a schedule, meetings, activities, and responsibilities for participants and staff. Assist with recruiting summer staff and campers
Program: Host retreat groups, assist with special events and other program responsibilities
PROFICIENCIES OR COMPETENCIES
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Microsoft Office Suite, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Team oriented and self-motivated
- Evidence of a strong Christian commitment and a belief in the mission and purpose of RVR
- Ability to articulate the goals and mission of Peter and John Ministries and River Valley Ranch
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Ministry experience