RVR is committed to the highest safety standards for every guest and staff member that sets foot on property. In light of the current national health crisis RVR is implementing the following protocols during this time, in addition to our established safety protocols, to make our programs even safer for guests and staff, in full accordance with federal and state health guidelines and camping industry best practices. This page will continue to be updated as guidelines and protocols are modified by local authorities. As restrictions decrease, rest assured that safety remains our number one priority.
Have specific questions about a program not answered below? Please contact us!
CDC, ACA and State Compliant
We have been reviewing all camp guidelines provided by the CDC, American Camping Association and our local state and county health departments, and will be adhering to all recommendations.
Screening of all Guests
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 even coming onto RVR’s property we will be screening all guests before entry for all programs. This will include:
- Temperature checks and health screening questions (recent symptons, possible exposure or travel, etc) at the gate.
- Any guest with a temp above 100.3 or possible symptoms/exposure will not be admitted.
- Check in will be drive-through style or completed in the parking lot, to protect other guests and staff onsite.
- Overnight guests will be asked to self-monitor for symptoms for at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
Note: Additional screening processes may be in place for summer camp. These will be communicated to parents well in advance of summer, according to Health Department guidelines at that time.
Daily Staff Screening
In order to reduce any spread or exposure among our staff, we will be implementing the following protocols:
- All staff will be temperature checked and health screened each day.
- All staff will receive training on COVID-19 related health guidelines.
Camp in Smaller Groups
In accordance with the MD State guidelines, we will be dividing guests into smaller groups in which they will travel and play together while on property. Each group will have minimal contact with other groups during their stay at RVR.
We will be cleaning all common and high-touch areas with CDC approved cleaning supplies and methods. This includes:
- Wiping down all handles, door knobs, tables and common activity areas regularly.
- Appropriate cleaning of all public and private restrooms during each group's stay and after departure.
- Utilizing approved rest periods between equipment use for proper disinfecting.
We will emphasize and make full use of outdoor activities and programming over those that take place indoors, when seasonally comfortable. Any indoor activities will be socially distanced, require masks be worn, and will abide by CDC or state recommendations for room capacity.
Safely Designed Programs
Each activity we provide will be done in as safe a manner as possible. This includes:
- Practicing social distancing.
- Having all participants wash and/or sanitize hands before and after any activity.
- Requiring masks be worn when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Only offering activities that can either be cleaned or rested long enough between use to disinfect.
We have a clear plan of how to address and isolate any suspected cases of COVID-19 at camp if they occur. Any guest or staff with exposure will be isolated and all those with possible exposure will be notified (including parents of campers).
Food Service Safety
While not all of our programs include food service, those that do will fully adhere to all CDC and state guidelines. This includes:
- Serving meals outdoors when seasonally comfortable.
- When eating indoors, masks must be worn to and from tables.
- Following current guidelines on limited building capacities.
- Appropriate distancing between tables and seating in smaller groups.
- Providing hand washing stations and hand sanitizer at dining facilities.
Safety for Overnight Guests
All RVR guest housing and overnight accomodations will strictly adhere to Health Department guidance.
- Guests will be asked to self-monitor for symptoms for at least 72 hours before arrival
- Guests will sleep 6ft apart (head to toe)
- Dorm restrooms will not be used by any other groups on property.
- Regular cleaning of high touch surfaces during your stay.
- Deep cleaning of dorms between groups.