Assistant Race Director
Department: River Valley Run
Position Overview: The River Valley Run Assistant Race Director supports the Race Director in coordinating and implementing the River Valley Run race series through the following:
- Registration – oversee registration process, make changes to registrations per email requests
- Marketing (flyers, social, email, radio) – create and coordinate all marketing efforts. This includes a) Updating social media pages every other day, b) coordinating flyer creation and distribution, c) schedule emails based on the marketing calendar and d) coordinate with SHINE-FM to run radio spots.
- Runner Communication - receive emails from runners and respond in a timely fashion.
- Merch – inventory and organize merchandise as it arrives. Coordinate the delivery and pick up of merchandise from printing company.
- Packet Pickups – Work with volunteer Packet Pickup coordinator to deliver packets to each location. Organize and load giveaways, shirts and spearhead set up of packet pick up on race day.
- Awards – Research possible designs and coordinate the production and delivery of race medals/prizes.
- Food –Coordinate any food trucks for spectators and post-race festival area
- Permits – Secure permits for road closures, use of Prettyboy and any applicable food permits.
- VIP – secure masseuse for VIP tent area
- Orders – Honeystinger Waffles, Heat sheet, Hydrapouches and any other items that need to be ordered in advance
- Magazine and Associations – re-apply for ATRA, Trophy Series, Trail Runner Magazine and Runners’ World
- List Races on Race Directories on line – make sure River Valley Run is listed in online directories – Running my Races.com, TrailRunnerMag.com, RaceDirectorRescource.com, USRaceCalendar.com, RunningintheUSA.com, OnlineRaceCalendar.com, Halfmarathons.net, GetSetUSA.com
- Receipts – compile receipts for purchases on PEX card for River Valley Run
- Donation requests – submit donation requests online (example: Panera, Honeystinger)
Contact: Stephani Mummert.